11.26.2009

Thanks...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I will post pics later, but we are giving thanks at the beach this year. We have 14 people in the house, and we're letting go of all traditions. No turkey this year...it's a low country boil instead! Also, since Charlie and I will be in Germany for Christmas, I decided to make some of our family's favorite Christmas desserts. And no one will be participating in Black Friday festivities, seeing as we are about 100 miles from the nearest mall. :-)

I am reminded of a song we used to sing back in the overhead days of the church youth group. The chorus started out, "Count your blessings, name them one by one." What a great reminder to put a name on each blessing. It makes me realize how much I truly have to be thankful for. Name your blessings today, and bask in the goodness of our God.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

P.S. We can now officially begin the Christmas countdown...29 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment