Perfect Summer Day...

I've been on a blog hiatus for, oh, the past month.  Maymester was just as stressful and busy as everyone had warned me it would be.  I couldn't find the time or the motivation to write anything really worth reading.  But as always, this too shall pass, and I lifted my head to find myself facing a glorious week full of whatever I wanted.  And, boy, did I ever make the most of it.  I was able to catch Charlie's softball game, run errands, get some new clothes for clinic, see Stacy and baby Harrison, have breakfast with sweet Miriam, pack all my stuff, and move.

Oh, did you catch that last one?  Yep, move.  One of the great things about this degree is our 8-week clinic rotations.  In a nutshell, we have four clinic rotations, and we pick on a lottery system.  It's very fair (and since I'm a rules person, I would know fair when I see it (-: )...however, there are not always clinic sites available in Atlanta.  You know, where I live.  And already pay rent on an apartment.  And where my husband and two lovely dogs stay.  Yeah, that place.  Hence, the move. Let's call it a temporary relocation to my old bedroom in my parents' house, because, well, it's rent free.  Although I will say that Charlie and I are very good mulch spreaders and wreath hangers and garden pickers and getting-stuff-off-high-shelves-and-changing-light bulbs-in-22-foot-ceilings people (those last ones are most definitely all Charlie!).  So here I am, sitting in my favorite chair in my room, incredibly thankful that my parents are allowing me to be a boomerang child for 8 weeks. 

I should probably change the title of this post to "Perfect Summer Weekend," but I'm just too lazy.  Today was wonderful...we went to church this morning and then stopped by the Chattanooga Market.  My favorite.  We came home with peaches and strawberries and some amazing German rolls.  We made it home just in time to fix lunch and squeeze in a game of O'Shoot before watching our 6th-ish World Cup game (sorry Caroline...the Aussies didn't stand a chance).  Then Charlie and I took the dogs down to the creek, where I laid in the grass by the swing and read while they did their frolicking.  

Friday and Saturday night were spent down by the river at my favorite music festival, Riverbend.  Sheryl Crow opened the festival on Friday night.  Last night, we got an amazing show from Alison Krauss and Union Station (who, by the way, are only performing one other concert ALL YEAR!). 

The day started to wind down as I stood on the front porch and waved goodbye to Charlie as he returned to Atlanta.  While I'm looking forward to my time at clinic, the days are harder when you don't wake up next to your best friend.  But we are going to squeeze every bit of goodness out of these summer days.

Summertime, and the livin' is easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment