6.27.2010

Making lemonade

One of my status updates today (notice I said "one" because today was a very status-y day!) was about squeezing every bit of goodness out of summer.  It's like getting that last bit of lemon juice out of the freshest lemon for your lemonade.

And boy, am I squeezing. 

I went back to Atlanta this weekend to celebrate the boy's birthday.  We met at our favorite neighborhood pizza place, where we ordered drinks and savored the sunshine on the patio while we waited for our pizza...pepperoni with roasted onions and mushrooms, if you were wondering.  We went back and forth about our plans to go to the drive-in since thunderclouds were rolling in, but our fun side got the best of us.  We headed down and stopped by Zesto's for a brown-crown turned upside-down ice-cream and rolled into the perfect spot for the movie. 

Saturday morning was spent in glorious fashion...sleeping in and cooking breakfast for a king.  We spent some time shopping to get Charlie ready to look all European on his adventures in a few weeks, and then ended the night in wonderful company as we celebrated the retirement of his boss. 

Jesus, forgive us, but I'm confessing that we skipped church for coffee and soccer.  The Lord must have heard our prayers since Germany came out on top. :-)

And the topper tonight came when I found out that Brooks and Dunn had to reschedule their concert...I'll be in the crowd the night before classes start!  Talk about ending summer on a bang!

Each day I am reminded how truly blessed I am by my friends, family, and my sweet husband.  In a few shorts weeks we will be celebrating our fourth anniversary...I cannot believe how time is flying by!  Life is so sweet and so rich when you share it with your best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment