2.19.2010

Life lately.

Here's a recap of the past two weeks:

5 tests. I feel like that should be self-explanatory.

Opening Ceremonies. Loved the flaming tap dancing. I'm pretty sure we'll see that in the next beauty pageant talent show.

They FINALLY delivered our new stove and dishwasher that were written into our lease that we signed last MAY.

Apollo. Lindsey. Evan. Shaun. Ohhhh Shaun!





These mittens. They are clearly the best Olympic souvenir ever, next to the pins. I heard a rumor that my northernly relatives might be sending some our way...



So my life has been pretty hectic. I haven't really been able to spend any time with Charlie because I'm pretty much married to my study group. That definitely won't work for the long term, but sometimes its necessary, since my "job" right now is to do well in school.

Finally, let's chat a little about these Olympics. I started writing this whole glorious post last night and was going to go all linky with great moments in Olympic history. But then I got sidetracked on YouTube looking at all the amazing Olympic videos and realized that I needed to get back to studying. So now, here I am, with way more time on my hands. So I'm going to divide this up. I'll do a linky post later (famous last words!) of great Olympic moments. It will be fun and interactive, and you, lovely readers (I'm up to 15...yay! haha!) will get to contribute.

I LOVE THE OLYMPICS.

But if I had to choose and could only watch one or the other, I would pick the winter games. (Sorry Michael Phelps. There's just nothing dangerous about swimming.) I love the spirit of the games. I love the background stories on the athletes where you feel like you really get to know them. You cheer for your country, which, luckily, I can do double this time. O Canada! My dad is from Vancouver, so I feel like I should at least cheer on the Canadians a little bit. Except for tomorrow. Tomorrow is the big hockey game, and you can bet your loony dollars that I will be all USA!

Keep your eyes peeled for some great Olympic moments...I'll really try to keep my promise this time!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud that the games are in my homeland :-) haha unfortunately we dont have cable so I havent seen any of it . . . .

    ReplyDelete