2.21.2010

Memorable Olympic Moments

This post went from "greatest Olympic moments" to "memorable Olympic moments" after I tried to narrow down lots of history. I decided to set some parameters so that these would be meaningful events: 1) It had to occur during the Winter Games and during my lifetime. 2) I have to actually remember watching it on TV (fear not...I remember lots!) 3) It doesn't have to involve American athletes. So in no particular order (because I actually have no idea how many moments I'll end up with), here are my favorite Olympic moments...

Dan Jansen finally wins his gold. I tried to find footage of the original race, but they are all dubbed over in foreign languages. Visa commercial it is!



Tara Lapinski has the long program of her life. I remember watching her performance at our end-of-the-year basketball team sleepover.


Lindsey Jacobellis reminds us that pride comes before a fall...and can cost you the gold.


This is one of the coolest torch entrances. I remember watching and wondering how they kept the torch from going out.


These last two don't have videos yet seeing as they just happened in the past week. Lindsey Vonn takes gold in the downhill despite a painful shin injury. Thanks to Lindsey for making a shout-out for her physical therapist every time she was on TV!!!

Lastly, Shaun White. Call him what you will, but you must call him revolutionary. The boy has his own half pipe and landing pit in Colorado to practice on! Do you think he'd give me lessons?!?! Shaun had an amazing first run in the finals, and even though he kept it conservative, he won the gold medal. He finished out the night with his bonus second run - he and his coach discussed at the top of the hill what he should do. Hey, why not throw in my incredible Double McTwist 1260? Ain't no thing! And he lands it. Sigh.

I've shared a few of my favorite Olympic moments...now let me hear about yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment